17 September 2016

Innisfree Glow Tint Stick Review - #2 and #3

Summer is over and done, and I finally feel like wearing makeup again!

Seriously, July and August were entirely dedicated to sunscreen, waterproof eyeliner and beloved liptints, if anything. Some of these beloved ones are shown below~


This review has been a long time coming - it's for the Glow Tint Stick by Innisfree, which I've previously reviewed both for shade #6 and shade #7. I loved these so much that I grabbed #2 and #3 when there was a buy one, get one free event back in May.

While I've worn both colors a lot during summer, I never had the opportunity to use them together with foundation and actual makeup so I didn't take pictures until recently.


Since I've already introduced the principles of the Glow Tint Stick in my previous reviews, this is more of a shade comparison. Some of the shades do look quite similar and the official swatches aren't very reliable, so I thought I'd throw my own swatch pictures into the mix.

From left to right: #2, #3, #6, #7.

Shade #2 and #3 are both coral shades, and they do look quite similar at first glance. I was a bit worried that they'd be too similar to #6 as well, but their subtle differences are actually a lot more obvious once applied on the lips.


As a lover of corals and orange lip colors, this whole Glow Tint Stick color selection is a dream come true. According to innisfree, the colors were inspired by Jeju's sunsets, so... yup, might just be true.


I spot some #2 somewhere in there...!


Arm swatches - again, from left to right #2, #3, #6 and #7.


Shade #2 is called 'Clementine Spring Sunshine'
This coral shade is actually a truer orange than I expected, with hints of clementine (Jeju is famous for its clementines, so the title is a double fit). While it's a lot lighter and leaning more yellow than #6, it's still bright and saturated and perfect for summer days!


#3 is kind of hard to translate - 일렁이는 코랄빛 호수, which is the rippling waters of a coral-colored lake. There ya go.

This is a more peachy and milky coral shade. Where #2 is bright, this one is more muted, but the pigmentation and coverage are great anyway! It also holds up surprisingly well when it comes to staining power, with the lips tinted peachy even after meals. 
Korean's use the term 'lovely' for makeup looks a lot, and this color fits the bill for that. 
Swatch comparison! 

I also really like to combine the lighter shades with the darker ones for slight gradation lips. While I hate gradation looks where the outer edge of the lips is covered with concealer or completely nude, I do like to experiment with color combinations. The texture of these works really well when it comes to layering and blending, and due to the Glow Tint Stick's thin form, detailed application is easy even without a lip brush. 

The colors are pigmented and cover well, without feeling heavy on the lips.


How girly does #3 look? I hope I can still pull this off - by Korean age counting system I'm nearing my thirties. :')
It's a bit too peachy to count as a MLBB color, but I do use it quite like one.


#2 is a fun, bright shade that I love to wear with simple eye makeup. Since the staining power of this is great (especially considering that it's one of the three lightest shades in the collection) it's great for outdoors-y days.


These Glow Tint Sticks are just some of my favorites in general. Easy to apply, great colors, great pigmentation, light-weight texture, easy to transport (no leaking, no breaking), beautiful staining power, no settling in lip lines... I kind of want to get even more shades! Maybe something deeper for winter/fall? Don't tempt me, innisfree, don't tempt me.


9 comments:

  1. Die sind ja mal total an mir vorbei :) Sie sehen aufgetragen aber unheimlich schön aus!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ja, der Release war etwas low-key. Aber sie sind echt wunderschoen, vor allem die Textur die sich den Lippen perfekt anpasst und der schoene Glanz!

      Delete
  2. Beautiful pictures Evy :) If they come out with something for the winter, I'd definitely purchase some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Such a struggle to find good lighting lately. :') I'd love to get some muted, rosy or beige shades from this range!

      Delete
  3. Yes that would be awesome! I can imagine some romantic muted rosy pink in the sunset :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some lovely shades. Really appropriate for for spring & summer but definitely something you can use all year round too! ^^ Those make your lips look so luscious!

    Joanne at Urhappybunnie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! they're true saviors on dry-lip-days! :D And I hope innisfree brings out some true wintery shades, too!

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just purchase shades #3 and love it, this tint officially became my favorite tint! and it really do stay quite long I've been eating and drinking for the past 4 hours and the color still there and also the shimmer *I'm a big fan of glossy tint*. But it is just me or the *what it called* the one that you should turn in order the product to go up a bit hard to use, I've been rounding up and the product doesn't really go up like any other lipstick product.
    and btw, nice review, I decide to purchase it after seeing your swatches. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete