19 October 2015

Korean Autumn Days Makeup - Innisfree Real Fluid Rouge in #8 Review

I'm on a review roll!

This one is for a new discovery: The 'Real Fluid Rouge' liquid lipstick by innisfree, re-launched just about a week ago. It was love at first sight! I've been using this color every day because it's just so versatile and fits the warm Jeju autumn days perfectly.

Find it. :D
These mini illustrations are for a sticker set I'm planning to print soon. Autumn version up first!
As I've said, the Real Fluid Rouge line was re-launched this October. There was a previous launch (with different colors and product texture) last spring during my several months long no-buy phase, so that kinda passed me by. All the more love to give now!

The Real Fluid Rouge is a liquid lipstick product (since last spring, a variety of other Korean brands have launched their own versions of liquid lipsticks. Etude House comes to mind.) and it's available in 12 different shades.



I got shade number 8, a slightly muted pink color. 분홍 사과꽃 한 잎, which translates into something like 'One petal of a pink apple tree flower'. Soft pinks have a tendency to make me look kind of dead, so I was happy to find upon swatching that this had just the right amount of color in it to look neither nude-ish nor like a hot-pink. I absolutely love it! It goes well with nearly everything - an otherwise bare (sunscreen) face, natural makeup or even light smokey eyes. It's the perfect pink for me, seriously.

The texture is hard to describe: A thick liquid that seems sticky upon applying but settles into a nice lipstick-like texture. It reminds me of the Mellow Lipstick line with its buttery finish. I haven't loved a texture and finish this much since those lipsticks came out - you go, innisfree! Take all my money!



It does a decent job at moisturizing, too, and fades prettily (loosing the glossy effect first) over several hours. Neither transferproof nor staining, but still not that much of a high-maintenance product as it's easy to reapply without messing up the previous layer.

The packaging is super prettyyy. Seriously. It's much bigger than I imagined but looks sleek and elegant. From the outside, the shade looks a bit cooler than the actual product on my lips.



As I've been wearing it every day, I thought I'd show you my daily makeup look recently. Keep in mind that my makeup skills are non-existant, though. I SUCK at eye makeup and literally everything that's not foundation. Applying my makeup next to a small window in an otherwise dark room with a propped-up hand mirror certainly doesn't help. But anyway, it's what works for me on most days, and on all other days I can just give up and relie on my fringe to at least cover up my eyebrows...


The products I've used most often recently.

There's my old (...three years and counting) 'Choco Eyebrow Powder Cake' from Skinfood. I just can't bother to buy a new one, as my brow game is a loosing battle anyway. It works just fine, the shades fit, and I still haven't used it all up. It also smells like chocolate, seriously!

For eyeliner I love the Mamonde Soft Melting Liner in black. It's precise, doesn't smudge, doesn't drag and doesn't irritate my eyes. Mostly I just use this to tight-line my eyes.

(Mamonde is a secret love of mine anyway, taking second place behind Innisfree. It's not a really well known brand internationally, but I've loved every product I've tried so far!)


... which is evident in my current foundation choice, too. I've replaced my Iope cushion with a Mamonde 'Moisture Mask Cushion' refill. That's what I love about cushion cases - buy one, then put in whatever refill you currently have. Korean brands do seem to want me to buy more cases, though, as they're releasing special edition cases left and right. This is one of the reasons I want to print some stickers - at least I can decorate my basic cushion cases myself! Hah!

I chose a darker shade than usual for this one: #21 Peach Beige.

I look like a ghost most of the time, but with this on I actually look like I've seen the sun in recent months while still looking natural overall. Also tricked my parents into thinking I wasn't too pale this time around.

It's a very moisturizing cushion foundation and perfect for autumn. I still prefer my (ghostly white) Innisfree 'Ampoule Intense Cushion' in #13, though, as it applies more thinly (less coverage, but nicer finish) and I personally prefer the color.

As for eyes, if I actually make the effort, I'm using these two Mineral Single Shadows by (take a guess) Innisfree.


One is new, one is old. Again, take a guess.

The 'Fondant au Chocolat' shade is pure love in an eye shadow pan. Buttery, matte and just such a pretty warm brown. Innisfree came out with these new versions of their Mineral Single Shadows so during the sale event, I quickly grabbed this one. It's #9 of their 'matte' line.

The other, beige color (#22 of the old Mineral Shadow lineup, though after the recent relaunch it seems to be the #3 of their 'matte' line) has been used extensively over the last year. It's the perfect base shade for me, a matte yellow brown slightly darker than my skintone. I can also use it for shading, though I'm mostly too lazy for contouring of any kind...

That's it.
Like I said, I'm terrible at makeup despite loving it. For some reason, drawing skills don't translate into makeup skills.

Also, sorry for taking pictures with a messy fringe like that. *crawls into hole because awkward*

So bored. So, so bored. :'D
Instead of a resting bitch face I've got the resting bored face.
See what I mean with the muted pink but still-not-pale-pink-or-nude-pink? It gives just the right amount of color without being over-powering. And it's shiny without being all gooey like a lip gloss. I really love everything about this.

Also visible: Putting on slightly darker, yellow-ish foundation on the face without blending towards the neck. Well done.

Fringe will never do what I want it to do...
I really love everything about this product! I'll definitely go and buy at least one more shade of this range - maybe the red one (#6) or a coral shade (#3). The texture is so good I'd take any color, really.

You can have a look at the shade selection available here. Nearly every shade is named after some form of 'apple' color, like 'apple juice'. Doesn't the red one look gorgeous?


Thanks for reading! Say 'hi' to Hedwig the cat! :D

What are your favorite products for autumn? 
Did you try the spring version of the Real Fluid Rouge lipsticks? 

Update:
You can find the illustration motive from this blog post














12 comments:

  1. The Fluid Rouge looks like a great product! I tried the old version and it was a little bit on the thick side. I'm glad they reformulated it and put them out again. The Innisfree shadows look great as always. I'm always so tempted to pick some up after reading your posts :) Mamonde is lovely and so is eSpoire. Have you tried anything from them before? Their lipsticks are awesome.

    http://chrissiereviews.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so curious to know how it compares to the old version! I'd heard that the texture wasn't al that great - I believe they fixed that with their re-formulation. It's thick and creamy, but spreads nicely and feels moisturizing. :D
      Can only recommend the eye shadows, especially since they came out with new colors! One of my favorite lipsticks is from Espoir (I've reviewed it here: http://evydraws.blogspot.kr/2015/09/review-espoir-no-wear-s-favorite-korean-lipstick.html), actually, and I also own a foundation of theirs which I adore! They've got a lot of really luxurious feeling products!
      Thanks for dropping by! <3

      Delete
    2. Oh right! I completely forgot you mentioned the eSpoir lipstick a post or two back! Silly me >_<

      Delete
  2. Oh very cute color!
    xx

    www.sakuranko.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. *high five* I adore Mamonde too! It is such a shame it is not as known globally. Then again, it doesn't have (as) much of a presence outside Korea (compared to the other road shop brands).

    Idk, I prefer proper solid lipsticks over tints, glosses, and such but liquid lipsticks are an exception. Shall give this range a proper Google! My lips are too pigmented for #8 to show up, haha! Pssst, if you like really glossy liquid lipsticks, you may want to give Bourjois's Rouge Edition Aqua Laque a look?

    Btw sweetie, I am so sorry but you may want to lay off your URL (website) in the comment body on my blog as it will cause your comment to be marked as spam :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *high five right back* It's really a bit of a low-key brand! Maybe because the packaging isn't cute enough? It's got a bit of an older target audience :)

      Yes, liquid lipsticks are an exception (and new discovery) for me, too! I hate the feeling of gloss on my lips, but I love the shiny finish they give! I'll keep my eyes open for Bourjois products when I visit France this winter!

      Ah, and sorry for the URL! I didn't see a spam warning! Will be more considerate next time! <3

      Delete
  4. Wow your make up look is really cute, I especially love that lip color ) how would you compare the iope cushion to the
    Mamonde ?

    Beautish.byMaya

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D I'm bad at makeup, so that means a lot!
      I think the Iope Cushion really depends on the finish you choose. There's glowy ones, shiny ones, semi-mattes... I have the shimmer one which I don't really like as it **glitters**. The Mamonde one is REALLY moisturizing! And has higher coverage as far as I can see.

      Delete
  5. Those illustrations are GORGEOUS!! You made that?!?! Your macaron blows my lame macaron logo out of the water! Your makeup looks super fresh! I never heard of Mamonde before, I'll keep an eye out when I'm travelling in Hong Kong in December though!

    Macarons and Mischief

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you but THERE'S NO SUCH THING AS LAME MACARONS! All macarons on this world are great! :DD
      'Fresh' is like the perfect word, as it indicates the contrary of 'I didn't sleep and I've got terrible eating habits and I'm dying' haha
      Mamonde has some great skincare products, too! You should definitely give them a look or two in HK (aah, I so want to go there one day!)

      Delete
  6. Awww...Such a sweet muted pink color. How is the coverage of Mamonde moisture refill? I am looking for a good coverage cushion with yellow undertones.

    http://naturelbellefemme.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I find that among the moisturizing cushions I've tried so far (Innisfree Ampoule and Waterglow Cushion, as well as the Iope and a Missha one) it does have the best coverage! I can't compare to actually made for coverage formulations, as I don't use those. The coverage is nice, and it doesn't get cakey when layering! :)

      Delete